Solitude

Solitude
Seek within....

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Me, media and Mind.....

Media or  medium  of expressing thoughts, facts, etc have always played a vital role  in capturing  people's  mind in different  ways.... Now I  can probably  better  understand  or can explain  why certain  religious  groups  condemn the usage  of  media  giving  religious  prohibition..

I , as a kid would never enjoy movies  with even slightest  of violence  and hadn't completely seen any  movie  until I  was 10 years  and could  finally  see an entire  movie ;  once from  where my immense love for movies began.....

As per age,   movies were perceived and  rated , but heading from a family  which didn't  encourage  regular  movie viewing , I  would sneak  out and  even silently  watched documentaries  which were played  then  on  Doordarshan  on Saturday  night.  I  didn't  realize  then that why would even a slow moving  art movie also could capture me totally.

With friends  only block busters were seen but as I  started  to sit by myself  and gradually  learnt the depth of any other short and subject  orientated  movie, it became  my first  choice  to see such makes.

As a professional  psychologist, I  have my own  perceptions  of the movie but now  when  my profession has tuned me to use my lateral  thinking  totally it becomes  a habit to start  thinking  as to  how each individual  personality would  understand  a particular  movie.  This process  sometimes  makes  me feel like  going and extending  my pleads to certain  filmmakers  that, "kindly  understand  the variety  of people  who might completely  misunderstand the meaning  of the movie and can take disastrous  steps blindly  following  it".

Also, when  certain highly intense  and creative  concept  is flashed  upon, it can make  any block  mind rethink about their beliefs  and  its a revolutionary  effect  if people can change  their  beliefs .... Which  again becomes  a huge responsibility  of these creative  people to put it across  so accurately  and precisely  to help minimum misconceptions  and maximum openness  and  acceptance to new ideas, the versatility  of this world  and the core human that is the pushing force for any act, thought, event, product, etc....

I  personally  salute to all those who have used this audio visual medium of expression  of ideas to generate values and creation  of  an evolved mind activity by putting  it across beautifully  as a combination  of audio, visual, glamour , music, etc can do wonders and that's  how many blocked  heads do not  perceive it as a positive contributer..

Nevertheless, to  all my lovely  readers, understanding  that any  make  is a creative child of  the film maker  should be viewed  with  an open mind but having  our own balanced  mind activated.

Take  Care....

No comments:

Post a Comment