Solitude

Solitude
Seek within....

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Toxic Relationships....!!! (Take a call)

I am wondering, how did I take so long to write something on toxic relationships... When now I open my mental eyes to witness so many I have pulled on for such a long span of time....
I have this weird habit of giving huge benefit of doubts to almost all the people I know, the end result was not bad when my personal growth was concerned, it did reflect a lot of things I needed to change in myself but somewhere in personal front when my close few were concerned some being relatives and some very close friends I was still emotionally getting harmed.... I did blame and worked consistently on my EQ(Emotional Intelligence) levels to bring about a peaceful state within but still something was a miss.
It was then when this insightful thought came up and I realized that I was completely unaware that I was holding on to TOXIC relationships with way too many people.
Like there's this relative of mine who herself has a very very low self image but will not hesitate to put me down when I myself sportingly can crack a joke on self... Similar is a so called VERY GOOD friend who will only and mostly indulge into conversations when she puts down other people criticize or condemn their actions and simply NAG, again an inevitable lady who can only self pity.... Surrounded by people like these, even if there's nothing sad happening in my life, I would be subconsciously pulled into their negative stride..
Such characters are there everywhere, but because of those cultural values instilled in me to keep up good relations with all I was taking in all the toxins. It is a threshold in life where one has to decide if we can overlook such negative people and yet move on with them or if our personalities cannot walk through them we need to leave them at one point.. It will take me a 360 degree turn in my personality to turn off from such people, it is now more a medication for my mental health whether it is a perceived as arrogance or attitude or aloofness.....
One another such relationship that I held on was a childhood friend and I should have taken a hint from the very approach that if its giving me a feel of worthlessness why on earth would any such person be important to me???? It is often a self created mental injury where you go with a platter of Emotional weapons and invite them to assault you with their silent violence.....
Its all about taking a responsibility of self... NO ONE EXCEPT WE ARE ENTITLED TO SELF CARE.. Its waste blaming people and circumstances, its time to MAKE A CHOICE.... with an EQ so poor, for people like me it takes their whole life to take stand but  BETTER LATE THAN NEVER, whatever few years we have to live, lets not live in regret that you didn't take care of your self dignity.... I still don't have ego to accept that few people are close to my heart but I need to give myself the due respect rather than expecting it from those who would only walk over calmly into their comfort zones...
Either ways, being easy is not to allow people to TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE, its about EASILY side tracking too all those who cause us discomfort....
Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment